IMIT Systems Analyst – Business Services
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
The IM/IT Business Analyst/ System Analyst reports to IM/IT Manager, Process, Business and Change Services and is responsible for the day to day management of IT Contracts in relation to Print Services, Hardware, and Software procurement. This will include the processing of purchase orders, invoices and cost recoveries pertaining to print services, hardware and software. The IM/IT BA/SA collaborates with key clinical and business stakeholders throughout the province as the organization, in partnership with the province’s Internal Services Department and the Department of Health and Wellness.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Complete monthly validation of telecom, desktop, laptop and printer charges along with associated cost recoveries.
• Manage client inquires for printers, hardware and software charges.
• Create and facilitate purchase documents.
• Summarize and communicate financial overviews for key stakeholders.
• Strategize and implement a financial strategy for contracts in Smartsheet
• Organize, manage and report on financial information monthly.
• Administer and manage software licensing
• Support a culture of continuous improvement through identifying inefficiencies and streamlining processes.
• Collaborate with other team members, vendors and clinical stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain working relationships between the Clinical and Business stakeholders and IM/IT to determine appropriate IT solutions
• Information gathering and documentation of business requirements and end user workflow impacts as they relate to IT systems and processes
• Ensures IT systems and processes are implemented and maintained to support the effective and safe delivery of patient information to care providers in a variety of settings
• Participate in clinical IM IT projects
• Complete other duties as assigned in relation to the position description
- Degree or diploma in Business and / or commerce. Consideration may be given to those with equivalent training and relevant experience
- Education or experience in the area of business, contract management and finance considered an asset.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Business Analysis and/or process improvement considered an asset
- Certification in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Project Management (PMP) and/or organizational change management an asset.
- Ability to relay or explain issues or difficult scenarios to clinical and business staff
- Working knowledge of basic systems principles, theories and concepts within healthcare
- Strong knowledge of technology industry best practice relating to software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills
- Experience creating summary documentation based on evaluation and analysis
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to document and solve issues
- Experience in transformational or process analysis to support change management principles
- Organizational Skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
$30.62 – $38.28 hourly
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Some opportunities may be eligible for our Employee Referral Program. If a Nova Scotia Health employee refers a candidate who is not working for the organization and the candidate is hired, the employee who made the referral may be eligible to earn up to $1000. For more details and instructions, please visit please visit Recruitment – Incentives