Hospital Sales Specialist
Join the ResMed Sleep and Respiratory Care Team today!
ResMed is a global leader in connected devices and digital health. We help millions of people sleep, breathe and live better lives. Are you ready to help fuel our growth? As ResMed continues to evolve with the future of healthcare, our customer-centric organization focuses on cloud-connected devices and digital health technologies that are designed to help treat and manage sleep apnea, COPD, and other chronic respiratory diseases that, together, affect over one billion people worldwide.
If you share a passion for transforming care, keeping people healthy and out of the hospital, and lowering healthcare costs, ResMed invites you to apply to an applicable role (e.g. marketing, sales or product development) within the diverse and talented Sleep and Respiratory Care team.
The Clinical and Hospital Sales Specialist is responsible for selling and supporting medical products for the treatment and management of respiratory disorders, with a focus on mechanical ventilation and sleep-disordered breathing. This role advises customers on ResMed’s product portfolio and provides actionable market insights to help support and drive customer business decisions. This role also informs customers on product quality and proper product usage. The role partners closely with the broader sales team to develop targeted sales calls and lead generation activities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with existing customer base and new prospects
- Attain revenue goals by:
- Driving sales within the clinical and hospital space
- Conducting product demonstrations, troubleshooting and in-services via telephone and virtual presentation (IE: Webinars)
- Navigating accounts to establish contact with key players
- Discussing and educating on clinical and efficacious advantages of using RMD products
- Cultivating relationships with channel partners and cross-functional team members
- Lead generation follow-up and classification
- Streamline the sales process with customers by lead mining, use of direct marketing tools, positioning new products and initiatives, and by providing service and timely response to customers and sales rep support needs
- Focus on hospital distribution:
- Identify, develop and maintain key distributor relationships
- Support distributor sales representatives and clinicians with key selling insights, clinical and technical education
- Negotiate deals/opportunities based on price-volume
- Contract administration
- Support Commercial Learning and Development; Product Management and Sales:
- Support and deliver clinical application content related to ResMed RC products and solutions to new hires, as needed
- Support marketing and product management with editorial review of content
- Support the organization with symposium and conference representation in the clinical space:
- Support sales, product management and medical affairs at national and international symposia and conferences with product application expertise, as needed
- Function as a key liaison with Key Opinions Leaders and allied medical staff at conferences and exhibitions
- Meet with key distributor personnel
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist and have approximately 5 years of experience in the medical device, or respiratory industry in sales, marketing and/or clinical support.
- Requires a background in ventilation and/or respiratory care within either Hospital or Home Health Care.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Position requires strong account management skills, specifically the ability to coordinate multiple activities for numerous accounts.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, with an ability to demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Applicants should have proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Approximately 15% travel needed.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Siebel on Demand, or another customer resource management program preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Veterans
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!