Halifax – Senior Consultant – SAP FICO
EY Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant to join our team. This team offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our Consulting team means you will specialize in a particular competency – Risk, Technology Consulting, or IT Risk & Assurance. Our Technology Consulting team is focused on helping clients improve operational efficiency and security, while also reducing costs and managing risk.
We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. To address the shifting landscape of our clients’ needs, EY has established a national Center of Excellence focusing in the broad topics of Enterprise Intelligence, Risk Transformation, IT Risk, and Enabling Technologies. Enabling Technologies primarily focuses on the design and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages like SAP, Oracle, and others. Our team typically works with Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries including, Manufacturing, Pharma, Energy/Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Entertainment/Media, Oil/Gas and Consumer Goods/Retail.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, you’ll assist in developing applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the ERP advisory market. These are shared with all EY market facing organizations to provide consistency and common platforms with which to go to market. A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated to be up to 70-90%.
Project Management: Participate in large scale SAP client engagements. Consistently deliver quality client services, driving high-quality work products within the expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business. Should be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable interfacing with a client on a daily basis. This role requires daily interaction with the client at many levels.
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively team with diverse skills and backgrounds and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise domain knowledge with technology skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SAP Finance
- Demonstrate characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge.
- Ability to lead a team of consulting professionals on multiple projects.
- A strong work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 2-3 years of related work experience at minimum; or a master’s degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience at minimum
- A degree in computer science, accounting, finance or a related field (MBA or Business Undergraduate degree preferred). SAP certification/s highly preferred.
- At minimum 2 – 3 years of experience working with SAP Finance modules (FI, CO, CO-PC, COPA – S/4HANA experience preferred), as well as participation in full life cycle implementations (or equivalent experience) required.
- Experience with implementing SAP Finance and including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets
- Experience with implementing SAP Finance and familiarity with integrations to SD, MM, PP, PM, etc. to support product cost controlling and margin analysis
- Experience executing a business blueprint gathering and documenting business requirements and designing SAP enabled solutions
- Development of project documentation, training materials, requirements gathering and project management methodology experience required.
- Experience with all aspects of cost controlling and management accounting within an ERP system.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with Central Finance, with focus on central payments implementation
- Experience with cost accounting, product costing/inventory valuation, margin analysis
- Experience in finance strategy and finance operations, including A/R, A/P, capital management, asset management, financial accounting, and reporting systems a plus. As well as knowledge of budgeting, planning and forecasting operations and technology a plus.
- Experience of working in the Retail Industry
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Technology Consulting space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world