Group Manager, Journey to Cloud
Cities: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg
Area of expertise: Advisory Services
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
About the role:
More and more organizations are changing to Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Cloud Advisor to help our customers determine their Cloud strategy on the way to optimal productivity. You will map out the needs and design customized Cloud environments, developing and delivering their Journey to Cloud experience.
The transition to a new environment is a far-reaching process for organizations. With your skillful guidance you ensure that everything runs smoothly. The result? An end-to-end Cloud solution where the flexibility of Cloud (development, workloads, and operations) is fully tailored to the needs of the customer. As a result, our customers’ users have access to their data and applications anytime and anywhere, in a secure way that maximizes value. As a Cloud Advisor, you will help to analyze the clients on-premises workloads for modernization, determine the complexity of applications, and estimate a development cost to perform the move to the Cloud.
As a Cloud Advisor you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You’ll possess exception analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising, and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. You will work in a fast-paced environment that is groundbreaking, collaborative, and encouraging of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambition will provide you with a fantastic platform for your career.
In this role, you will:
Focus on providing advisory and implementation insights and services to help clients realize meaningful business growth through Could/Azure transformation. With a breadth of knowledge, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s digital business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
- Develop compelling Journey to Cloud strategies for our clients, bringing an advisory lens and consultative approach to the process.
- Provide advice to our clients, helping them understand the true potential of technology to transform their business, bridging the gap between business and IT as you build strong client relationships.
- Advise our clients on their unique Journey to Cloud, leveraging their digital ambitions, and optimizing their business-technology environments.
- Support the identification, qualification, and conversion of Azure related opportunities.
- Drive Journey to Cloud offerings in the market, effectively positioning those offerings (and sub-offerings) with sales teams, channels, and target clients (direct and indirect)
- Develop overall solution plans and strategic vision for Cloud Azure solutions, providing a comprehensive roadmap for clients’ needs.
- Lead with a team of business leaders, technical and sales experts to determine the strategy for offering identification and investment opportunities and drive strategic changes to the portfolio.
Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of the Journey to Azure road and the ability to consult, plan and lead clients on this journey.
- 7-10 years consulting or advisory experience, with a focus Journey to Cloud/Azure experience.
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-300, 301 or 302) certification and several project examples.
- Experience with large/complex scale migrations to Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Experience with organizational change associated with the delivery and roll-out of cloud-based (ideally Azure) solutions.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in a business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
As a Group Manager candidate, you will be able to demonstrate substantial experience in the above in a leadership capacity. In addition, you will:
- Have extensive experience supporting business development and practice growth activities.
- Understand the challenges facing large enterprise clients when adopting new technology, with deep experience supporting clients navigate the transition