MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband and Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Application and Data Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
MOBIA is currently recruiting an GIS Analyst to join our team in Nova Scotia.
The GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) Analyst is responsible for various project-based geoprocessing tasks, data management tasks and the display and presentation of various outputs and results via map, table or document format. These tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Generate and maintain geodatabase layers and associated attribute information.
- Effectively manage time and project work; provide regular updates to project team, help to ensure objectives are met.
- Communicate effectively, the technical concepts and ArcGIS platform capabilities to our partners, and to other technical and non-technical audiences.
- Handle numerous data layers, and sometimes large data sets to perform mapping, data analysis and various geoprocessing tasks.
- Interact with, display, and manage GIS/GPS field collected data.
- Understand and apply appropriate coordinate systems, projections & transformations.
- Run scripts and other geoprocessing tools & interpret and display results.
- Consult with internal and or external SME’s, and any other stakeholders to understand both business and user needs, requirements, constraints, assumptions, etc.
- GIS Diploma or equivalent training within a Post-Secondary Degree
- Proven knowledge and experience in the field of GIS
- Experience or knowledge in the field of telecommunications would be considered an asset.
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of software products including ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal
- Experience with CableCAD and/or Network Engineer would be considered an asset.
- Application development and programming skills would be considered and asset, particularly in Python programming.
- Experience with relational database management systems and Enterprise geodatabase solutions would be considered an asset.
- Must have strong communication and coordination skills to interface with teammates, clients, other departments, contractors,
- Ability to manage project data, documents and tasks in an organized and effective manner.
- Must work well as part of a team.
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and was recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies” in 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.