Full Stack Java Developer
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future roles and responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing and managing the development of wealth management applications
• Provide technical problem solving / technical analysis skills to the team though coaching and mentoring activities
• May participate in/lead emerging digital transformation technology projects
• May participate in/lead application design activities creating multi-platform applications that span mobile, tablet, desktop and connected devices
• Act as a resource for software developers on policies, procedures, design concepts and technical issues
• Maintain and enhance existing software to address strategic business development needs to improve the software
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5-7 years of solid experience in Java implementation technologies: Java EE 5, Spring framework, Tomcat and Security (SAML or SSO preferred)
• Excellent understanding of key concepts of architecture in a distributed environment (SOA , etc.)
• Experience with development life cycle including:
• Source control (GIT, CVS, Subversion , etc.)
• Build scripts (Ant , Maven , etc.)
• Development of unit tests (JUnit , TDD, etc.)
• CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
• Knowledge of XML , XSLT , XML Schema and JSON
• Solid experience with any RDBMS (Oracle a preference)
• Exposed to various technologies such as web-based, mobile, tablet, desktop and batch
• Proficient in managing the development of multi-tier, secure business applications for high availability, scalability and performance
• Ability to rapidly develop expertise in emerging technologies through hands on, real-time – on the fly exposure and involvement
• Excellent technical problem solving abilities with successfully implemented solutions
• Understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and development
• Experience with RDBMS is required. Programming experience with Oracle PL / SQL
• Proven ability to write high quality technical documentation (in English)
• Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM))
• Provide mentorship to developers on the team and provide leadership in establishing good automation practices
Nice to have qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Familiar with financial services operations and technology, including major platforms,
technologies, applications, architectures, business models and internal structures
• Financial services background preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.