Full Stack Developer
CGI is more than just an IT solutions provider; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations. Join an outstanding culture that enables you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career!
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Member of our CGI-Edmonton team providing leading information technology services to our clients. We seek a Full Stack Developer with at least 5 years of experience in large enterprise environments.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a combination of maintenance and development experience and will have worked with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of a larger team, you will work with and learn from our experienced and hardworking developers and architects and have numerous opportunities to use your expertise to become a key part of large client engagements.
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in an exciting and diverse development environment, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
- Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data-related issues
- Develop strategies for improving and leveraging systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3 – 5 years of progressive experience as a Developer and extensive experience in application development and maintenance
- Rest API and backend services development using ASP, .Net Core, WebAPI is preferred.
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer, and/or MySQL
- Containers and container platforms such as OpenShift
- Application deployment automation using (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps)
- Git and GitHub
- Agile development environment
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written
- Cloud services (e.g. developing for Azure or AWS PaaS environments)
- OAuth 2.0 and OIDC authorization protocols
- End to end UI tests with tools such as Selenium or TestCafé;
- Reporting tools (MS Reports / Cognos SAS / Crystal Reports)
- Setting up and configuring supporting technology and infrastructure such as proxies, web servers, certificates, etc.
- Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery
- Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.#LI-JA1
- Application Development
- Container Technology
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.