Fibre Optic Splicing Technician
CABCO Communications Group is the longest-running, independent communications infrastructure provider serving the Maritimes. Our track record can be directly attributed to our team’s experience, enthusiasm and commitment. CABCO provides a full range of technology communications products and services including Managed and Cloud Services, Telephone, Cabling, WiFi, Premises Security, Networking and Video Collaboration. Since 1980, CABCO has built a solid reputation based on customer satisfaction, quality of work and embracing technological change…We make Connections that Matter.
As our business grows, Cabco is seeking a Fibre Splicer to work out of our Dartmouth, NS office.
A self-starter with a passion for technology, you are comfortable working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative, goal-oriented atmosphere. You have a reputation for being reliable, customer–focused and approach your daily work in an efficient, highly organized manner. This position requires hands-on experience with testing single mode and multi-mode fibres.
What Does Cabco Bring to the Table?
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits package
- A focus on employee wellness
- Company pension match plan
- Paid vacation and milestone service awards
- Use of company vehicle
- On-the-job paid training, mentoring and opportunity for career growth
- An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our people, customers, community, growth, integrity, and safety.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Ability to manage the complete splicing process, including both single fibre splicing as well as ribbon fibre splicing. The ability to deconstruct ribbons for single fibre splicing is required.
- Coordinate job schedules in cooperation with Cabco’s Outside Plant team, clients and subcontractors.
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective execution of all required splicing activities.
- Utilize various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and take appropriate maintenance action.
- Interpret schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications, material and equipment requirements to establish a plan of operation.
- Experience in how to read and interpret outside and subscriber plant facility records and engineering schematic work prints.
- Maintain records, prepare reports and correct work order drawings to ‘as built’ plant.
- Perform quality tests for new and in-place facilities.
- Previous experience (5 years+) as a single and multi-mode fusion splicer.
- You have a reputation for being efficient and committed to quality workmanship.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a professional approach to your work.
- Ability to work from oral or written instructions and plan work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while prioritizing and focusing on core tasks.
- Takes initiative to provide value added support to the team and other technical personnel as required.
- Comply with all safety regulations and help maintain a successful safety record.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions as required.
- Experience working at night is required and candidate must be willing to respond to after-hours callouts, overtime, and some weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs, work comfortably with extension ladders, identify and distinguish colors, work in confined spaces and with heights.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and candidates must be bondable.
If you are interested in being part of a growing company driven by innovative technology and a goal to be the best at what we do, we’d love to hear from you. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org