Fall Technical Co-op – Systems Engineer (CSC Supportability Team)
About the role
Participate in a structured cooperative educational/work program between Lockheed Martin Canada and a college/university student enrolled in an accredited degree program directly related to skills required by the company. Perform assigned tasks in technical/engineering disciplines e.g., Hardware Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering in the Systems Engineering field related to the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project. Specifically, the systems engineering Supportability Cross Product Team (CPT) involved in a multi-disciplined team environment working on the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, integration and test, deployment and maintenance.
The candidate will participate in engineering activities including but not limited to:
- Hardware and software design and requirements analysis
- Review and analyze vendor data
- Participating in design and system architecture reviews.
What you bring to the role
- Pursuing a degree in System/Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science or related field.
- Eligible for NATO Secret clearance
Additional skills desired for the role
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering, Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (RMA) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office, Visio, SharePoint, Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS®), Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Well organized, capable of planning, scheduling and prioritizing work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment.
What we offer you
We walk our talk when it comes to work/life balance! Your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment, this is what you can expect when you join our team:
- Flexible, compressed work schedules, depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off, as well as the possibility to work remote part-time
- Competitive compensation
- Time to recharge with vacation, personal days, holidays, and parental leaves
- Comprehensive Family Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available on your first day of employment, along with:
- Virtual Health Care (24/7 access to medical professionals)
- A Wellness Spending Account to aid in your wellness journey
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) which includes free face to face counselling sessions
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Onsite fitness facilities at our main office locations
- A Registered Retirement Savings Plan that includes matching company contributions on your first day of employment, that also includes access to Financial Advisors providing investment advice and comprehensive financial planning
- Employee discounts to save on goods, services and various recreational activities
- Access to a robust spectrum of development resources to enhance your skills and/or advance your career including:
- Free learning resources through a modern and engaging platform
- Education Assistance Program
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Self-directed Mentoring
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 115,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,300 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Clearance required for role