ETL / Data Movement Developer
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a ETL / Data Movement Developer to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA).
Join an enterprise data warehouse team environment with focus on customer-centricity, quality, forever learning and teamwork. If you enjoy all of these values and can work completely remote, this could be a position for you.
ETL / Data Movement Developer will need at minimum 6-8 years of Informatica Powercenter ETL development experience. Serve as a skilled Informatica Powercenter ETL developer over multiple critical data warehouse subject areas. Possess a firm understanding of data warehouse design, ETL processes and automated scheduling. Have the ability to understand complex Informatica Powercenter mappings, sessions and workflows to troubleshoot, enhance and support. Always provide prompt and clear communications regarding data and schedule impacts. Provide appropriate escalations for risk avoidance and potential SLA breaches.
Additionally, have experience with other ETL software tools such as SAS basic, SAS DI and Teradata Bteq scripts. Also, possess the aptitude and ability to expand your skills and knowledge in other data warehousing skills and tools. Additionally, other desired knowledge growth areas are Microsoft SSRS, SSIS and SSAS.
- 6-8 years of Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL development.
- 6-8 years of experience ETL development using various versions of Informatica Powercenter.
- 6-8 years of experience with proficiency in SQL with Oracle and/or Teradata Databases.
- Expert at documenting ETL logic and workflow processing.
- Experience in working within systems development lifecycle and release management, releases.
- Develops and applies project management techniques with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience in participating in 24 x 7 on-call support rotation providing primary and secondary support to daily data loads and miscellaneous incidents. Guarding to meet all data load and reporting SLA’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develops statements of problems and requirements. Can translate both business to technical and technical to business written and verbal communications.
- Able to work independently in all of the above areas of knowledge.
- Experience working with UNIX.
- 6-8 years of designing, developing and maintaining Control-Mor Tivoli Workload Schedulers.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents data warehouse ETL or reporting code according to NTT Data and customer standards, policies, procedures, security and compliance requirements.
- Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
- Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in working within a virtual team. Also, experienced in working with minimal direction.
- Manages multiple assignments and processes.
- Enjoys team collaboration and participation.
- Writes efficient, re-usable, optimal, and well documented code.
- Updates management on project/activity status as requested and escalates issues quickly.
- 6-8 years of Enterprise Data Warehouse development and support.
- Teradata Bteq script experience and understanding.
- SAS Basic and SAS DI experience and understanding.
- Provide innovation in their thought process.
- Enhances own knowledge through training, understanding business trends and objectives.
- Knowledge of industry and business principles for rental car business.
- Interacts with business users, IT, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
- Extends capabilities by working with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
- Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Consulting, Technology
Apply now “