Engineer, Cloud Platform Engineering – REMOTE IN HALIFAX/TORONTO
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
ur Digital Health Technology team is seeking applications from innovative and driven DevOps Engineers. You will be a natural problem solver with a pride and personal interest in what you do. You will have come from an environment where you built and managed systems for a production infrastructure.
Lets talk about the team
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of ResMed’s world-class technical teams, and to work with some of the best and brightest engineers. If you like solving challenging problems and developing highly scalable and performant solutions through automation, then you may be the pioneer we’re looking for! You will work with cutting-edge technologies within one of the most innovative and progressive Health Care technology companies in Halifax and San Diego.
Let’s talk about you
Our team is looking for quality-driven a DevOps Engineer to join in designing, developing, deploying, and operating AWS-centric solutions to support our Device Software Teams in a highly regulated environment. You will be helping these teams become self-sufficient in environment management, continuous delivery, testing at scale, and infrastructure as code.
The scope of this role extends beyond managing infrastructure, tools, and services. Within a partnership between our Digital Health Technology group and our Devices Software Teams, you will be joining an organization that loves delivering new products and is passionate about improving people’s lives.
We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. As a successful candidate, you possess confidence in your skills, have courage in your convictions, and have the tenacity and persistence to see your goals through to completion. We value candor and expect open communication in our highly collaborative environment.
Let’s talk qualifications and experience:
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter who can think outside the box and possess the mental agility to make an impact within your role quickly. You will be able to demonstrate grit, initiative, have the ability to learn fast and to work effectively within the team environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- 2 – 4 years’ prior experience working as a Systems Engineer, Cloud Platform or DevOps Engineer within a software development organization
- Familiar experience developing and operating unit and integration test workloads utilizing Public Cloud providers, such as
- Experience with cloud orchestration frameworks such as , , or relevant
- Knowledgeable in containerization
- Experience in scripting infrastructure and build artifact deployments
- Familiar using automation and configuration management frameworks such as Ansible, Chef or relevant technologies
- Able to navigate and configure Linux and Windows platforms from the command-line
- Possess scripting skills that can be leveraged to automate and improve systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Comfortable documenting procedures and communicating complex technical processes
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, assisting multiple teams on a variety of issues, adjusting and adapting as required
- Participate in on-call rotation with other DevOps Engineers
- Familiar with Atlassian applications (JIRA, Confluence) to manage workflow processes
- Experience using CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket, Nexus or Artifactory
- Experience with C/C++ build systems such as cmake, scons or equivalent
- Experience with managing package managers pip and/or conan.
- Experience using APM and log aggregation platforms, such as AppDynamics, Splunk or Datadog
- Experience managing application servers as a system administrator and able to troubleshoot and upgrade systems
- Familiar building and deploying Java applications using Maven, Ant, or Gradle
- Familiar managing high-performance and highly available production systems
- Familiar with web application (REST API) frameworks and microservices architecture
- AWS Associate or Professional Level certification in sysops or cloud architecture
- Familiar working in an Agile environment with knowledge of Scrum practices
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!