Director, EIT Business Operations – Enterprise Information Technology – APC
Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director EIT Business Operations is responsible for supporting the overall human resource, financial management, and internal reporting functions for the department. Duties to include:
- Leading the vendor selection, development, and performance tracking of SOW’s, SLA’s MOU’s and agreements/contracts with contract resources, vendors, and internal/external organizations
- The primary interface to Finance, P2P, HR, Legal for all process documentation and approvals both inbound and outbound
- Case management for both Academic and Administrative intake committees for new systems/initiatives, primary interface in development and documentation of project requests with Infrastructure, Applications, and PMO, and the university’s departmental stakeholders
- Talent management, succession, mentoring and training design/delivery for departmental staff and management
- Support to the annual budget, project roadmap, and planning process for IT and the University
- IT special project assignments (decision support, presentation, leadership etc.)
- Support to Saint Mary’s Academic Research in coordination with EIT
- Development and maintenance of mechanisms for IT service reporting for the department,
- Responsibility for overall business continuity and disaster recovery planning for the University’s IT environments.
Group affiliation for this position is with the Administrative, Professional, Confidential (APC) Group. The position is evaluated at a Group Ten (10) (salary range $104,163 – $134,239). The salary scale can be viewed here.
To see the full job description, please click here or please request a hard/emailed copy from HR.
- The successful Director, EIT Business Operations will possess a University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and ten (10) – fifteen (15) years of directly related experience, with a minimum of five (5) years progressive IT Leadership experience.
- Experience with planning and budgeting at an organizational level is required. Other requirements of the position are: above average interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- As a successful candidate, you must have demonstrated supervisory experience in a unionized environment. Customer Service and Leadership/ITIL/COBIT Certification is considered an asset.