Digital Technology Analyst (CS6) – Akerley Campus
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Department of Digital Innovation & Technology
Term, Full Time Position: Commencing approximately December 1, 2021 and ending approximately March 31, 2022
Application deadline is 11:59PM, November 18, 2022
Competition No. 2021-046
Salary range: $45,884.95 to $56,266.11 annually
For the 2021-22 Academic Year, based on public health guidelines, NSCC plans to return to more in-person learning, supports and services. You may be required to work on campus, remotely or a combination of both as the Academic Year begins and progresses. This will be clarified further upon hire.
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. With this in mind, please be aware that NSCC requires all employees and students working and learning on an NSCC campus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees and students who cannot or choose not to be vaccinated for medical, religious or other reasons will be required to be tested for COVID-19 twice per week and wear masks on campus.
Reporting to the Manager DI & Tech and with mentoring from the DI & Tech Lead your primary responsibilities will be providing Tier 1 level IT support via phone, live-chat, e-mail, and in-person.
As part of the Technology Service Desk you will record daily work activities using the ITSM ticket management system, ensure accurate opening and closing of tickets, providing appropriate information that supports overall service analysis and long-term planning. You will provide first level technical support for service requests, analyzing potential solutions and risk. You will also troubleshoot user access to network accounts. You will provide primary technical support for smart classrooms and educational technology (including setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs).
You will perform printer maintenance in computer labs, load paper and toner, and perform basic printer repairs. You will work to support a network and equipment used for educational purposes. You will configure and provide technical support for smartphones and tablets for Wi-Fi, etc.
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- A degree or diploma in the Information Technology related field. Relevant industry certifications will be considered an asset:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations Version 3/2011/4 certification
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification.
- Network+ certification
- A+ certification
- Successful candidate must be willing to maintain certifications.
- This is an entry-level position. We welcome applications from recent graduates.
- The incumbent must possess:
- Ability to plan, test, troubleshoot stand-alone and networked (wired and wireless) computer systems
- Exposure to IT/AV systems such as data projectors, SmartBoards and video conferencing
- Familiarity with PC, Mac and Server hardware, operating systems and applications
- Problem solving skills
- Multi-task and organizational skills
- Customer-focused with strong communication skills
- Occupational experience in the technology and/or educational fields would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, Microsoft Azure AD and In-Tune.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work.
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License is required.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in PC, Mac and mobile hardware, server and networking hardware, operating systems and applications
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to project management
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to needs collection and analysis
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi’kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact David Meister, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp.
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
- Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right) or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn; they may not import synchronously with the profile and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
- Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional; they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
- Questions. Next to the Application tab, you will see a Questions tab. We will need you to complete these questions in order to submit your application.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept late or paper applications.