We’re seeking a creative, highly organized, innovative thinker with a background knowledge in digital technology who likes working with others to join the Digital Nova Scotia team in a Project Coordinator role. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the development, planning, and execution of our online training programs for upskilling and training participants who are looking to build a career within the digital workforce. The role will have a strong focus on managing, overseeing, and making continuous adjustments to the virtual educational curriculum throughout the duration of the programs.
The Project Coordinator will also be responsible for reviewing course loads and making recommendations to the curriculum, and virtually assisting participants with programming questions. Other duties include: coordinating program elements and reporting metrics, and overseeing program Teaching Assistants and/or Mentors, and virtually assisting participants throughout their program interactions.
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of the tech industry in Nova Scotia, a background in IT (e.g. in web development, coding, and/or data analysis), previous project coordination experience, team-building skills, and will be familiar with and require little onboarding to use digital tools such as Mailchimp, Slack, and G-Suite. Experience with workshop design and facilitation, and technical expertise in the areas of Cybersecurity and/or IT Support is a strong asset.
If you are looking to gain experience in the tech industry and build a career in project management, this is the ideal role for you. Digital Nova Scotia is a fast-paced work environment that is creative, challenging, and collaborative, with a wide variety of projects across the tech sector in Nova Scotia.
What does the role look like?
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and administration of a portfolio of virtual training programs for groups across Nova Scotia and within the Maritimes seeking to prepare for, and build a career within the digital workforce
- Coordinate project logistics with project partners, including internal and external stakeholders
- Collaboratively design and oversee participant workshop sessions with program Teaching Assistants
- Design and make ongoing adjustments to the technical content of these virtual training programs
- Liaise with Program Mentors to ensure that additional support and resources are provided to participants if extra accommodations are required
- Provide online assistance to training program participants, and overall program support as needed
- Monitor and manage project metrics, and develop related reports
- Provide support to the Project Manager on other Digital Nova Scotia initiatives as required
- Engage with industry and key stakeholders to support project plans and key initiatives
- Collaborate on creating and leveraging tools and resources that advance Digital Nova Scotia’s strategic focus to support the growth of our province’s digital talent pipeline
- Work closely with the rest of the team to support project plans and various aspects of the project as work priorities shift
Here’s what we need:
- You have a post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science or an IT-related degree (with CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ or a Cyber Security certification a definite asset)
- Hands-on experience in a teaching or facilitation role, ideally to participants 18+, with experience teaching in an online environment
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including a comfort with engaging with program participants and other external stakeholders (i.e. industry members and community partners)
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and an ability to multitask
- A desire to interact with program participants and provide assistance and support
- Proactivity towards the job with problem solving skills and ability to take the initiative
Here’s what we see as assets for the role:
- Previous experience in coordinating educational programs is an asset
- Previous experience with curriculum design is an asset
- Previous experience in supporting the delivery of virtual training programs is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Experience with Mailchimp and/or email management systems
- Previous experience in adult education or adult training background
- A bilingual candidate is considered an asset
Competencies essential to this position:
- Verbal and written communications – to coordinate and communicate with various stakeholders both internally and externally
- Organized and adaptable – to changing environments and to manage and prioritize daily tasks when faced with competing demands and timelines
- Strong relationship builder – to establish and build positive relations with participants and other key stakeholders
- Strong team player that can also work independently
What we offer:
Beyond the opportunity to work with an amazing team, Digital Nova Scotia offers…
- Competitive Salary and flexible work environment
- 3-weeks paid vacation (plus paid yearly holiday closure).
- All paid holidays.
- Monthly cell phone allowance.