The Enterprise & International Applications (E&IA) group is looking for DevOps Engineers to shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery, to ensure only the highest quality software makes it to production as efficiently as possible. This position is available in both junior and senior roles.
The Corporate Systems team in E&IA is responsible for managing and delivering on all IT initiatives for the Group Risk Management function of the bank
The Finance IT team in E&IA is responsible for managing and delivering on all IT initiatives for the Finance function of the bank.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team on an exciting journey to change how we deliver our services to our internal business partners and how we collaborate with our business and IT colleagues. Our business users are looking for richer, more intuitive, and lower-cost services every day and you will play a key role in delivering on those expectations. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who want to be part of an elite engineering team and have the opportunity to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, test, deploy, support and evolve software services for our internal business partners such as Risk, Finance, HR, Insurance, Corporate Real Estate, and Audit.
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Lead the design and development of code structures to promote reusability across many applications.
- Work with others on the team and practice peer-programming, and engage in informal mentor-mentee relationships.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices by thinking big and simplifying things that are complicated.
- Work with the operations team to take code to production and ensure excellent performance and reliability.
What do you need to succeed?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practises for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing
- Experience supporting production-level software with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) toolset (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with C++, Java or another object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems as a developer or system administrator
- Working knowledge of web-based application architectures
Nice To Have
- Working experience in one or more of:
- algorithm design and optimization
- large-scale systems
- parallel or distributed systems
- web API design
- micro-service architecture
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and/or modern scale-out databases
- Experience developing & delivering cloud-based applications or services
- Experience building software using a cloud-native stack such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Cloud Foundry
- Experience building software for the financial services industry – banking, insurance or investments
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities