This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Accountable to the Senior Technical Architect / DevOps Lead, the DevOps Engineer is a specialized resource who brings together application code, infrastructure components, and deployment processes to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). This resource will have three main responsibilities: 1) Environment Management, 2) Configuration Management, 3) Deployment Management. This role will employ technology, process, and automation to achieve operational excellence in the SDLC.
- Support and enhance the SDLC
- Environment management: Ownership of how the solution is deployed into our physical environment – on prem or in the cloud. For on-prem, work closely with our operations teams to manage the production environment.
- Manage DEV workstation setup and procurement
- Manage all physical diagrams of the topology
- Active monitoring and management of DEV and QA in partnership with Operations infrastructure teams for installs, active monitoring of UAT, Pre-Prod, Prod
- Dynatrace alert monitoring – engage corporate support and infrastructure teams as required based on conditions/alerts
- Configuration management
- Branch/main code management and best practices
- Coordinate code merge activities
- Code/test channel management for all release work
- Maintain best practice on code management tools usage
- Deployment management
- Build and deploy process and automation
- Support deploy activities to all environments
- Deployment night planning, resourcing, and execution
- Maintain industry knowledge of DevOps best practices/tools and enhance AXIS processes as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in DevOps role; experience with Insurance industry preferred
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment
- Experience working with development teams through the full SDLC – agile experience preferred
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Strong knowledge with CI/CD using Azure DevOps/Pipelines, Octopus
- Knowledge in Implementing and managing continuous code builds and deployments
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows Server components and Linux (Example, IIS, Events, tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with any continuous deployment tools such as Azure Pipelines, Octopus or Jenkins
- Experience with Azure Platform or similar cloud computing environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of implementing and managing monitoring and analysis tools (Dynatrace, App Dynamics)
- Experience with Configuration Management software, Puppet, in particular, is a strong plus
- Experience building and automating ARM templates is a strong plus
Must have skills –
- Scripting using PowerShell, Ruby, Perl or any other similar languages.
- Any Packaging open-source tools knowledge like NuGet
- Working knowledge Web, Services security using any type of SSO or Identity solutions
- Understanding of full stack of infrastructure components is a Plus not required.
- Experience in supporting Web applications (.net and Java stack) – Preferred not required.
- Documenting the infrastructure topology and artifacts.
- Working knowledge of code merge process – Preferred not required.
- Working collaboratively with multi-vendor teams (Preferred) and team player attitude.