As a Development Intern, you work with our incredible Development team to build and maintain products used by some of the best companies in the world. We’re looking for talented and motivated students who can thrive in an independent and high-pressure environment.
- Modern web technologies, including VueJS frameworks, Python and more
- Code design and code efficiency
- Experience of working with big data
- Continuous Deployment / Continuous Integration with Docker
- Testing tools including py.test, Jest and Cypress
- Team communication and collaboration
This internship opportunity is a four (4) month winter internship from January 2024 to April 2024
What you’ll do
Development Interns support our Development team by:
- Supporting new products and features.
- Build/modify backend APIs.
- Work on bug fixes post-deployment.
What you’ll need
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Problem-solving mentality
- Product-first approach to building software
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Building REST services and API design
- Automated UI acceptance testing using libraries like Cypress and Jest
- Hackathons or opensource projects will give you huge +
You will require equal parts diligence and creativity – with the ideal candidate excelling at both. Things move pretty fast over here.
Don’t meet every qualification? Research shows that equity-deserving groups like women and people of colour are 20% less likely to apply to jobs unless they are 100% qualified. Dash Hudson is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion by representing the diverse communities we serve. Our culture values differences and ensures that every current and prospective team member has equitable access to opportunities to succeed. If you are interested and excited about this role but your qualifications don’t match up perfectly, we encourage you to still apply. You may be the best candidate for this role.