Developer – Duck Creek Integration
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Developer for Duck Creek Downstream Integration is a contributing member of the development team responsible for translating business requirements into pragmatic and functional application/technology solutions. This role is responsible for hands on development and achieve quality delivery in the Duck Creek Downstream Integration. The developer should be very comfortable and interested in one or more elements of the application they support including SSIS with knowledge and expertise in Duck Creek Policy Manuscripts, XSLT transforms (preferred), SQL Business Intelligence/Database queries and stored procedures. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills with the ability to develop solutions and comprehend the requirements through and through. Guidewire experience is acceptable in lieu of Duck Creek experience.
- Responsible for the development efforts for Downstream Integration with Policy/Billing and Claims with primary focus on Policy. Provide application development support for Duck Creek. Maintain and update documentation and artifacts for all supported systems.
- Provide application support and drive resolution of reported problems to customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate and partner with vendors, creating a blended / unified team between internal development resources and external vendor resources.
- Acts as a contributing developer for the team – adhering to best practices, defining standards, ensuring adherence to these, performing code reviews, participating in unit testing and debugging as required.
- Participates in code review.
- Partners with the development lead and project manager in a project/initiative to structure the work streams and plan for delivery of the solution. Includes estimating and assistance in work / activity assignment.
- Responsible for assuring solutions adhere and further the Enterprise Architectural standards and principles. Acts as a champion for reuse of assets in solution creation.
- Support implementation of solutions by analyzing current system environments and infrastructure, develop implementation plan and verification procedures, and ensure their execution to deliver successful installation of application software.
- Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service level.
- Maintain and upkeep system designs – application, technical
- Develop and support code management practices and processes
- Analyze and tune application performance, supportability, and manageability.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Experience developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions and Packaged Insurance Products
- 1- 3+ years’ experience in P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
- 1- 3+ years’ experience in MS- SQL Server business intelligence (SSIS), XML, XSLT (preferred)
- 1-3+ years’ experience with database systems, SQL language and database design.
- Other relevant experience in the technology and business domain they support:
- Experience with Duck Creek Policy Administration and Duck Creek integration preferred
- XML, XSLT (preferred) and associated development / testing techniques
- Experience with DuckCreek Insights – would be a plus
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
- Experience working in a waterfall development environment
- Experience developing technical documentation including information flows, use cases and presentations
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and grow resource skills within a team environment