The Developer for Customer-Facing Digital Solutions is a member of the development team responsible for translating business requirements into quality working solutions for the business. This role is accountable for delivering software that extends insurance functions (e.g. quote/bind/issue) to customers and distribution partners through Portals and APIs for use in B2B engagements. Day-to-day activities of this role include consulting with business partners and other team members, detailed design, code, configurations, unit testing, system documentation, and support production deployments. The developer should be proficient with industry-standard programming languages and should have a working knowledge of digital solution concepts including web service integration, API management, J2EE technologies, Microsoft technologies, and XML/XSLT definitions. A successful candidate will combine hands-on functional/technical skills with the ability to collaborate with other technical and non-technical roles.
- Responsible for the detailed design, code/configuration, and unit testing of Agency Portal, integrations with policy administration and claim systems, and outward-facing APIs that can be used in B2B engagements.
- Collaborate with a blended team of other internal development resources and external vendor resources
- Adhere to best practices, design standards, perform peer code reviews, participating in unit testing and debugging as required.
- Drives and conduct POCs as required
- Support project leadership in estimating and planning.
- Support the production implementation of solutions and support code management practices as code is compiled and moved through the SDLC.
- Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service level
- Maintain system documentation – including diagrams, knowledge base, other design artifacts
- Analyze and tune application performance, supportability, and manageability.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs