Deskside Support Technician
This role will operate as the first point of contact when reporting issues to the Helpdesk. The individual in this role will also be responsible for computer setups, IT orientations, and supporting the rest of the IT team on a range of services and systems.
What you’ll do
What you will be doing:
- Setup, and installing end user desktops, laptops, printers, VoIP phones, and mobile devices.
- Performing on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of workstation, printer, email, phone, and some basic network issues.
- Serving as the primary point of contact within the Helpdesk, coordinating issues with higher levels of support until issue resolution.
- Carrying out onboarding new employees and temporary workers/consulting resources, including all devices, accounts, and related IT training.
- Tracking assets and ensure they are assigned in accordance with company policies.
- Identifying solutions to common problems and formatting/documenting/publishing how-to guides and related knowledgebase documentation.
- Carrying out administrative functions within Active Directory such as managing user accounts, group memberships, permissions, etc.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll need
What will you need to succeed?
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology.
- Experience with various iterations of the following products:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Understanding of Network theory and protocols.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct self-directed research to understand and resolve emergent issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance.
- Must have driver’s license and own vehicle.
We’re looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today’s modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What’s in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and have a lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to move into other design teams at Bluedrop.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.