DataStage Engineer – Technical Lead
Join this dynamic organization as a Datastage Engineer – Technical Lead!
With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major healthcare client. You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Translate requirements and data mapping documents to technical design
• Develop, enhance, and maintain code following best practices and standards
• Create and execute unit test plans. Support regression and system testing efforts
• Debug and problem solve issues found during testing and/or production
• Communicate status, issues, and blockers with the project team
• Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 8 years of recent experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting IBM DataStage (11.x), computing applications in a large-scale, midrange, and distributed environment.
• Minimum of 2+ years as a Technical Lead, leading a team of Developers.
• Expertise in Data Warehousing ETL Tool DataStage using Components like DataStage Designer, DataStage Director and DataStage Operations Console
• Strong understanding of Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema methodology
• Expertise in designing Datastage Server jobs, Parallel Jobs, Job Sequencing, Creating Parameter Sets, Container, Environment Variables and Creating Parallel Routines, Data Cleansing and Writing Transformation expressions to derive values and remove unwanted data. Also should have good working knowledge in different stages like Transformer, look up, merge stage, ODBC connector, Oracle connector etc.
• In depth experience in troubleshooting of Datastage jobs and addressing issues like performance tuning
• Efficient in all phases of the development lifecycle, coherent with Data Cleansing, Data Conversion, Performance Tuning and System Testing
• Should have strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Should have strong Unix shell script skills
• Should have strong SQL skills with experience of working on Oracle and/or Teradata DB
• Good communication skills
• Good leadership qualities to co-ordinate with multiple teams
• Should have experience working in Agile teams in onshore- offshore model
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Working knowledge of AWS (especially Glue)
• Working knowledge of Python scripting
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
• Knowledge of Testing methodologies
• Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies
• Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Health Care / Health Services business area subject matter expertise highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Analytical Thinking
- Data Engineering
- Data Cleansing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.