Data Engineering- Program Manager (Canada – Remote)
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
FreshBooks is seeking a Data Engineering Program Manager to join our team. As part of the Data and Analytics Team, you will help us build and shape the future of our Data Engineering organization and processes. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you’ll do:
- Help our Data Engineering team organize our Epics, User Stories and Tasks as part of an overall Data & Analytics prioritization framework.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders, Data Engineers, Data Product Owners, Data Analysts and Data Scientists in project assessment and requirements gathering activities.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Agile Team Members and Vendors to track and support Data & Analytics projects, ensuring their successful delivery.
- Create presentation materials like decks, diagrams, and related documents which may be semi-technical or business focused in nature, and present to various audiences including executives, stakeholders, and technical team members.
- Collaborate with Data Governance, Compliance and Security teams to help us ensure we remain on the forefront of these disciplines.
- Organize and facilitate meetings with technical team members and stakeholders, following up with actions and minutes.
- Collaborate with our team of Agile experts to refine our methodologies and at times lead ceremonies.
- Contribute to Data Engineering roadmaps and budgeting processes.
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment and effectively prioritize activities with multiple teams and stakeholders.
What you bring:
- Enthusiasm for data and analytics!
- 5+ years experience in the data industry including 3+ years as a program manager, product owner, project manager, scrum master, data engineer, or a related position.
- Strong understanding, at least at a semi-technical level, of data engineering principles like data warehousing, data integrations, cloud environments, data privacy, security, and compliance.
- Experience collaborating with operations teams, data analysts, data scientists and technical marketing teams in the creation and maintenance of enterprise-scale data products.
- Experience working with with software development tracking, collaboration and roadmapping software like Jira, Trello, Aha, Monday, Roadmunk, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- The ability to remain highly organized across multiple and concurrent activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you might bring:
- Experience writing code in SQL, Python or similar languages.
- Experience building technical products on GCP, Azure or AWS.
- Experience with industry BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience building process or architectural diagrams in Lucidchart.
- Subject matter data expertise in the SaaS industry.
- A limitless imagination for where data could go and what we can do with it to make our customers and our people awesome!
Why Join Us
We’re an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You’ll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. If you got this far, please write your favourite food next to your timezone. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.