, , | Full-time | COVID-19 remote
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
REDspace is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. You will work with large data platforms and help define a stack for analytics as a service – including storage of raw data, ETL and a pipeline for batch and streaming pipelines. Supporting the infrastructure needed for data driven and data informed application development, this role defines and implements data and analytics services consumed by various applications within the conduit ecosystem. Fluency in Apache Spark is an asset.
What we expect.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 3+ years of development or data engineering experience.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Programming background, experience in Python/Java and Spark.
- Fluent across Big data stacks, experience or familiarity in areas such as:
- Google Big Query,
- Apache Spark Clusters
- AWS Kinesis
- Apache Airflow
- Knowledge about various Spark tuning techniques/methods.
- Experience in distributed version control tools like Github, Bitbucket, AWS code commit, etc.
- Experience working within a Cloud environment with an understanding of Cloud concepts.
- Work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Collaborate across the team to shape the Data Platform technology stack.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you’re assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
Nice to have.
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Neo4J, or RDF triple stores
- Experience in traditional business intelligence (e.g. star schemas, OLAP cubes)
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as Luigi, AWS Data Pipeline
- Experience scaling machine learning pipelines and SparkML specifically
- Strong Experience in CI/CD automation pipeline tools
What you can expect.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, pension plan contribution matching, access to a free on-site gym, and a healthy living allowance.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With an annual professional development allowance and trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we give you the chance to grow and learn new skills.
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We make sure to create a flexible environment with remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, free delicious snacks, saunas, and much more.
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Bedford office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.