Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job Title: Data Engineer
What will you do?
- Responsible for building and supporting data applications from concept to production and maintenance while leveraging existing tools and/or recommending new technologies within the IA Ecosystem
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers and engineers to design, develop and deploy data solutions within the IA Ecosystem
- Responsible for every step of the data process from data ingestions, management, architecture, transformation, integration with business processes and all related production support
- Manage, optimize, oversee and monitor data/model pipelines and UI used to inform data product stakeholders
- Gather details from business and stakeholders in order to determine project scope and expected outcome and build data products accordingly
- Effectively communicate technical concepts through oral and written skills across cross-functional groups
- Support tooling and automation for the DevOps pipeline and various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities
What do you need to succeed?
- 4-Year Undergraduate STEM degree (e.g. B.Com., B. Math, B.Sc ,P. Eng.)
- Strong development expertise using Python (Pandas/Numpy), SQL (MSSQL T-SQL, Spark)
- Familiarity with tools, such as GitHub and Jenkins, as well as software development processes to manage implementation of centralized code and software releases.
- Strong knowledge and experience with traditional and NoSQL database technology and a fundamental understanding of data flow and handling
RBC Internal Audit Services is hiring a Data Engineer who will build consistent, relevant and impactful data products, reporting solutions and visualizations for Internal Audit (IA) by leveraging the IA Ecosystem. In collaboration with data scientists, product managers and engineers, the individual will design, develop and deploy solutions. You will determine and utilize best practices in RBC/market, identify potential new data elements to capture or re-purpose their current usage
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.