You are the leader at Aptitude in creating web strategies to meet client requirements. Working with the Business Analyst, you will help guide clients through the information architecture process. From here you work with the design team to create wireframes and interactive mock-ups that meet accessibility standards and follow modern UX design principals. As a team player, you will work with clients and the development team to ensure that the design lives up to its original intentions.
- Relevant training and or experience. Ideally 3+ years in an agency environment.
- Knowledgeable of WCAG accessibility standards.
- Advanced working knowledge of Xd, Photoshop, Illustrator, typography, browser capability standards, web accessibility standards, and corporate identity.
- Excellent attention to detail and high-quality creative work.
- Experience with Drupal a definite asset.
- Demonstratable experience in designing responsive websites and web-based applications.
- Health and dental
- RRSP Employer matching
- Hybrid work environment – home / office
- Profit sharing program
- Discounted transit pass
As a group we really enjoy what we do and who we work with. Everyone can have direct client contact and see first-hand how the work we do impacts our clients daily. While each person may have specific responsibilities – we aim to maintain a flat organizational structure.
Work-life balance. Protecting personal time is a core value at Aptitude. We recognize that there will always be deadlines and we schedule projects to protect personal time.
Building Better Community. We actively look for ways that we can use our talents to support the many worthwhile organizations that make our communities better. Some examples include: https://www.blinddatewithastar.com/, https://www.hubbardssailingclub.ca/, https://www.cheema.ca/, https://chisholm4children.ca/ and https://phoenixyouth.ca/.
Flexible work arrangements. Our office is located above the Basin Café on the Bedford highway. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we gather in the office for events and project launches. You can work mainly from home or in the office based on your preferences.