Desktop Support Analyst
Why You Want This Role
You’re looking for an opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of the IT world! You get excited to know you’re working in one of the fastest growing industries in North America. At Covers, you will learn a lot and have fun doing it! As Desktop Analyst, you will be the first point of contact for IT assistance, while being supported by close knit team of IT professionals.
This role will require you to be in the office – but I guarantee it’s not a typical office environment.
What You’ll Do
- Be the primary contact for IT assistance
- Troubleshoot computer issues, from OS to peripheral
- Triage and prioritize issues on an individual basis
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality solutions
- Create, maintain, and retire user accounts
- Collaborate in planning, installation, and upgrades of software and hardware with the IT Team
- Maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications, as well as hardware asset tracking and cataloguing
What You’ll Bring
- Post-secondary education: technical degree preferred
- Knowledge of Windows Server Active Directory Users and Computers
- Knowledge of Office 365 applications and administrative tools
- Knowledge of Windows 10 OS
- Proficiency basic networking knowledge and troubleshooting
- You are personable and able to convey solutions to many types of individuals
- You are highly driven by new challenges
- You are motivated and can motivate others
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- An instinct to continuously learn and share your skills with the team
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Mac OS knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows DHCP and DNS
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls
- A passion for sports!
What We Can Do For You
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office
- Free parking
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company who specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.