Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
St. Francis Xavier University, one of Canada’s leading universities and most prominent athletics programs, is seeking a Coordinator, Marketing & Communications, to join our passionate Athletics team. Reporting to the Manager, Varsity Athletics & Communications, the Coordinator Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing creative and innovative strategic marketing and promotional plans for the department and is responsible to execute the plans, including brand awareness, sponsorship activations, social media engagement, fan engagement and ticket sales.
The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all social media activations, managing varsity athletics communications and sports information tasks, and coordinating AUS and U SPORTS requirements in the areas of webcasting, photography, and statistics. The responsibilities of this position are accomplished through collaboration and teamwork with other Athletic department staff as well as other university departments. This will be done in a context where we commit to providing the premier student-athlete experience in Canada, which focuses on developing and inspiring Leaders & Champions in academics, athletics, citizenship and leadership
The nature of the work requires that the Coordinator work non-standard hours which includes evenings and weekends. This position is for 37.5 hours a week and has a salary range of $51,168-62,498 (non union Salary Band D).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage digital marketing and social media platform execution for the Athletic department; ∙ Coordinate marketing of varsity games, along with graphic design, webcasting, photography, videography and statistics;
- Manage weekly in-season communications tasks;
- Assist with maintenance of departmental website and AUS & U SPORTS communications requirements; ∙
- Manage and develop marketing and promotional strategies to increase brand affinity; grow the STFX fan base, enhance the fan experience and grow revenue streams;
- Manage, develop and evaluate ticket sales;
- Manage and service corporate partners and sponsorship agreements;
- Plan, coordinate and execute promotional activities for varsity events;
- Assist with coordination and promotion of annual departmental special events.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field with a minimum of two years’ experience in athletic operations;
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, superior organizational skills; ∙ Ability to work well and command the respect of athletics colleagues, coaches and senior officials of the University, alumni, media, and the corporate community;
- Critical thinker/ability to conceptualize and analyse with strong attention to detail;
- Strategically focused, creative, natural curiosity; healthy scepticism;
- Obvious enthusiasm for work, keen interest in sports and an overall team player.
Closing date for applications, June 15, at 1:00 pm. A letter of application, including detailed resume, should be directed in confidence to:
Human Resources, St. Francis Xavier University
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
St. Francis Xavier University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
Our institution is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), racialized persons (especially African Nova Scotians), persons with disabilities, those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+ and any others who would contribute to the diversity of our community. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 902-867-5038.