Content Expansion Strategist
Working within a company that is experiencing continued hypergrowth, the Content Expansion Strategist is an experienced, content marketer who has spent time developing and building world-class content in digital environments. The ideal candidate is a passionate, energetic individual who is constantly working to improve and deliver the commercial goals of the business. They have demonstrated the ability to collaborate seamlessly with other stakeholders: Conversion Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, Brand Marketing, Content Development and Creative Services.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
Manage & Coordinate
- Oversee and direct a large team of freelance contributors. It is an imperative responsibility of the Content Strategist to train freelance writers on our best SEO content practices;
- Provide constructive and helpful feedback to writers;
- Work in partnership with language consultants to assure the quality and accuracy of content on non-English pages;
- Effectively use all resources at hand to meet tight deadlines;
- Manage invoices and billing for all freelancers associated with dedicated brand.
- Devise and manage a calendar of new, recurring content campaigns of varying sizes and frequency, including specific initiative-based campaigns around major events;
- Leverage and collaborate with multi-departmental resources to guide and oversee execution of content productions;
- Provide insights on what’s working and what’s not, and make content recommendations;
- Manage production timelines and delivery schedules while working with vendors to ensure deadlines are met;
- Manage the creation and production of creative content and sponsorship materials;
- Execute the delivery process and oversee quality control for all creative content materials to ensure creative intention and clearances are adhered to and maintained.
- Use of Google Analytics, SEMrush and other tools to measure health of tracked keywords and new evergreen and editorial content;
- Prepare reports showcasing the completed tasks by your team each week/month:
- Full adoption of JIRA board marking the progress of all major content projects on site.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 2-3+ years of experience managing content for brands or publishers;
- Undergraduate degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail;
- Creative mindset, intellectually curious and interested in illuminating strategy inaccessible, clever ways;
- Multilingual with a strong grasp of English.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills;
Familiarity or comfortable with any of the following languages: