Life At Covers
We’re a top digital media company in the sports betting industry, with a clear sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of our team and our culture.
When we offer a place on our team, it comes with a few promises:
- You’ll be part of an all-star team. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- We take care of each other. We know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in well-being and belonging.
- When you grow, we grow. We’re a rapidly growing company so ample opportunity exists here, and we hold a firm belief that when we’re all growing, we all win.
- You’ll do work that matters. We believe in meaningful work. In part it’s the impact we have and in part it’s the freedom and ownership in our work and pursuit of our passions.
We make these promises because we want to be a place where you can do your best work, as part of a truly exceptional team. In return, we expect that you’ll seek out opportunities to contribute, grow and create. That you’ll bring your A-game and keep building on it, with humility and eagerness to learn. That you’ll soak up our expertise and teach us yours. And that you’ll truly enjoy being here, with us.
What Matters Most To Us:
We understand that our industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. We’ve created, and continue to improve on being, a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all.
We welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group. It’s more important to us that you love who you are and bring that to thrive here, than loving sports (although we don’t discourage playful sports banter, puns and competition!).
Why You Want This Role
This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest-growing industries in North America with a team that invests in its people. Here you can do what you love with a team that is as passionate as you are.
As a Sports Betting Content Editor, you will help shape our commercial content for our loyal users who rely on informative, reliable, and engaging content. We are in pursuit of becoming the world’s #1 online sports betting authority, and content is at the heart of what we do.
What You’ll Do
- Work as part of a high-performing commercial content team and collaborate with colleagues to deliver key objectives. You will work closely with the Product Management, SEO, UX, and Engineering teams daily.
- Commission, edit, and write a variety of content (including sportsbook reviews, state-specific commercial briefs, sports betting bonus and promo features, and sportsbook comparison pieces, among others) that are published on our sites for millions of users to enjoy.
- Write and edit headlines, teasers, supporting metadata, and action on-page SEO optimizations that follow best SEO publishing practices.
- Proofread, line edit, and SEO copy edit text to match the tone and clarity our audience expects and trusts.
- Follow publishing and promotional schedules and coordinate with product and marketing/sales departments on dedicated projects.
- Brief and liaise with freelance writers to ensure they meet expectations and deadlines.
- Promote editorial content via social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram – and distribute dedicated content to publishing partners and affiliates.
What You’ll Bring
- Familiarity with our industry and target audience and understanding of industry-specific terminology and trends.
- A very strong writing and editing acumen. We’re looking for someone who can write and reshape engaging, long-form content that takes the user by the hand and offers the maximum value.
- Strong working knowledge of SEO best practices and understanding of its impact on content performance. You get excited seeing pages earn the top positions on Google!
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and obsessed with words. Every word and character counts regarding the meta title, description, H1, and above-the-fold copy.
- Strong understanding of the AP writing style guide.
- Ability to adapt writing style to suit different content formats and platforms. Flexibility to adjust content based on feedback and changing requirements.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines and prioritize tasks effectively in the fast-paced and rapidly changing environment of online sports information.
- Ability to use analytics tools to assess content performance and a willingness to make data-driven decisions to improve content effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills, confident, and comfortable with delivering and receiving feedback.
- Experience using a Content Management System (ie: WordPress or Contentful) is an asset