We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and we’re still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Java Developer to work for our clients in our Telecom Industry.
The Java Developer will design and develop Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts.
- Designing and building high-quality Java applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Deliver a high level of commitment to client success and provide timely and quality services that meet or exceed expectations
- Work with business partners to provide guidance and support in the deployment of complex application solutions
- Participates in R&D activities to advance the development of the product roadmap
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Knowledge building enterprise class web applications
- Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services in Java (e.g., JAX-RS, Spring MVC Rest)
- Experience in developing Enterprise applications: Billing, CRM, or Financial, Business Intelligence greatly preferred
- Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record developing performant, scalable solutions across a full application stack
- Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM))
- Experience with RDBMS is required
- Industry experience in banking would be ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, an engineering discipline, or a related field
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are Build your career with us.