Immediate Java Developer
CGI in Atlantic Canada are looking for high performing Senior Java Developers to work as part of a team delivering solutions to client in the financial industry. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions and will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception, design to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. Experience with WSO2 will be considered as a strong asset.
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing applications solutions
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications with effective design and ensure designs complies with specifications.
- Provide and recommend innovative solutions to complex architectural issues.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role with 5+ years of working experience in Java development environment
- Solid understanding of software design patterns
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience in the Spring Framework is required, any experience with Spring boot will be considered an asset
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Good knowledge of CI / CD tools (Circle CI, Jenkins, Harness, GitHub, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes,)
- Experience in integrating with API Gateways (API-Connect, Spring Cloud Gateway) is desired but not mandatory
- Software development best practices (TDD, automated tests, code review, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps and experience with deployment automation
- Excellent communication, teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of CI/CD and Automated Tests including experience with version control repositories such as SVN, GitLab, and deployment tools, Jenkins;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent work experience)
Technical Stack Skills:
- Java – Core, Enterprise
- Web Service development experience (REST/JSON, SOAP)
- DB2/SQL/ Oracle server Database
- Development/Agile tools experience – BitBucket, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT.
- IDE tools – Eclipse, IntelliJ