Application Support Specialist
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for Application Support Specialists with a variety of skills to join our Financial Services team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with the application owners and managers within our client organizations.
- Work with other vendors and internal teams to assess technical requirements for system integrations.
- Define and configure system integration to ensure requirements are met.
- Guide the team, ensuring objectives are being delivered by coordinating/performing technical tasks.
- Provide team feedback and develop action plans to remediate issues, identifying processes and skills required for continuous improvements in knowledge.
- Work on development tasks during non-support hours.
- Participate in the testing of application changes (UAT, Staging, Pre-Prod).
- Support the deployment of code to production.
- Work with team members to prioritize and manage their workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role include a mix of the skills below:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A University degree or a Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- Experience with Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows; being well versed in command-line operations of the same.
- Thorough understanding of typical architectural implementations supporting high-availability and fail-over.
- Experience with PowerShell, UNIX shell scripting and Java/J2EE.
- Experience with XML, XSD, WSDL, and JSON based web services.
- Expertise in writing and running SQL queries to manipulate large databases.
- Experience using related SDLC and CI (continuous integration) tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bit bucket, MKS, Clear Case or GIT.
- Strong knowledge of reading logs and Blob data.
- Understanding and use of security certificates.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with configuration and architecture of typical middleware implementations including WebSphere, IBM MQ or JBOSS.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
- Strong automation experience would be an asset.
- Proven ability to mentor team members and provide coaching as required.
- Knowledge of Cloud is an asset, Azure preferred.
- Specific knowledge of Bottomline and SWIFT software products (eg: GTExchange, SAG) is an asset.
- Experience in Canadian banking is highly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.