What is the opportunity?
As a C/C++ developer you will be working on the FX post trade management, risk & reporting system – a critical backbone of RBC’s FX trading, bringing exposure to numerous groups front to back. You will help contribute to part of a global team developing software using agile. You will exhibit an engineering mind-set, be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full technology stack
What will you do?
- Contribute to the overall design and development of RBC’s FX post-trade management systems.
- Collaborate closely with product owner, business analysts as well as business users including sales and trading to understand needs and translate them into system requirements.
- Set high development standards by developing high-performant, reusable, reliable and efficient systems.
- Provide Level 2 support as needed
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in C and C++ language; multi-threaded skills & expertise
- Experience developing, maintaining, and deploying high-perforamnce, resilient applications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience in technology programs
- Knack for writing clean, readable java code with unit tests
- Ability to multi-task effectively and provide timely updates
- Business knowledge of Capital Markets areas previously supported (any asset class, FX preferred).
- Experience with ‘Agile’ style development methods
- DevOps experience with continuous integration/delivery best-practices, technologies and tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Ansible, SonarQube, Checkmarx.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in multi-threading
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual
- Make a difference – do mission critical work in the most sophisticated capital markets business in Canada
- Learn about the currency trading stack and the technology that drives it
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing agile team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 120 Western Parkway, Bedford
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/30/2021
Platform: Capital Markets
Req ID: 421165