Business Support Analyst
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated Business Support Analyst. In this role you will be responsible for supporting our colleagues across the country within our time and billing system in a complex national business environment. You’ll have an opportunity to expand your administrative and interpersonal skills as you work with a team providing end user support. You will learn something new every day and be a major influence in how our clients and colleagues work.
As a Business Support Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor incoming client and job requests and action appropriately
- Work with various Grant Thornton teams to maintain firm data through several systems
- Provide firm-wide support and user training for practice management systems used in accounting practice to track time, engagements and contacts
- Generate system reports as required
- Create process procedures and documentation as required
- Support the Data Quality Manager in the day to day monitoring and maintenance of firm data
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Business Support Analyst? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Completed post-secondary education (university degree and/or college diploma) an asset
- Experience in supporting business applications an asset
- Experience with time and billing or CRM applications will be considered an asset
- Intermediate level computer skills – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize, and consistently produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines in a demanding environment
- Client-service focus with excellent problem-solving skills and sound professional judgment
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves whenever the need arises!
- Available to work Monday to Friday from 10:00am to 6:30 pm (9:00am-5:30pm EST)
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.