Business Intelligence Analyst
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
AXIS is a global insurer and reinsurer focused on specialty lines and treaty reinsurance. AXIS is headquartered in Bermuda and operates in North America, EMEA, Asia, and Global Markets (including Lloyd’s).
To support these operations, AXIS is establishing a Finance Center of Excellence in Halifax focused on providing multi-function finance services while developing a key talent pipeline for other finance locations. This provides successful candidates with ample opportunities to add value while defining their own career path. Opportunities exist in multiple areas including Financial Reporting, Risk, Tax, Treasury, and Data Support.
AXIS is currently looking for someone to join our Finance Team as a Business Intelligence Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of analytical and data focus tasks within Shared Services, and be a key liaison between Finance, Corporate IT, Application Development, and Infrastructure functions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead data quality efforts, including issue tracking, issue resolution, and management consultation
- Perform reconciliations of multiple data transformation processes
- Support User Acceptance Testing as part of a wider team
- Assist with developing and maintaining control frameworks for multiple business areas
- Analyze business and data transformation processes, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to degree level in Business Administration, Commerce, or related field
- Experience analyzing both Finance and Technology processes, effectively communicating within both areas of business
- Experience in regulatory reporting and compliance, SOX, etc will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Financial systems i.e. Oracle, HFM, Smartview
- Experience with data visualization tools i.e. Power BI, Tableau
- SQL experience would be beneficial
KEY PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Highly motivated and organized to drive company initiatives, showing a strong level of accountability, integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure and respond to changing priorities
- Team player with ability to collaborate with internal and external customers, understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, which will include report writing skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solvency abilities