Business Development Specialist
WHO IS ENGINUITY?
Located in the heart of Spryfield, 264 Herring Cove Road, Enginuity is an innovative, creative, and holistic approach to Engineering. The engineering industry is heavily founded on processes and systems geared towards direct problem-solving. Enginuity does this in a creative and consultative manner to address the long-term needs of clients and end-users, to also foster better relationships in the long run.
Our owner, Ben Garvey, started Enginuity in his basement 19 years ago with only one contract. To date, we employ 40+ experts and are quickly growing due to an exceptionally high demand for our services and unique approach. We work with dozens of corporations, inventors, and strategic partners to design, prototype, and manufacture world-class products and processes.
We are currently Atlantic Canada’s leader in innovation and design BUT we are on a mission to be
Canada’s most impactful engineering and design group. Are you our missing link?
Atlantic Canadian leader in Innovation, Automation and Product Design, Enginuity Inc. is seeking a full-time Specialist to join our agile Business Development team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will play a vital role in the continued growth and success of the Enginuity team, our partners and our customers.
As the Sales Operations ‘Hub’ you will be targeting specific industries, working out who moves and shakes the sector and who is driving economic growth. You’re the first point of contact for potential clients, responsible for ensuring prospect needs are identified and managed in the most effective manner. Working hand in hand with Marketing in creating, launching, executing and evaluating campaigns.
Acting as a conduit and vital link between the client and the Enginuity team.
- Target client identification, identification of high probability relationship.
- Market research and trends in target sectors.
- Lead generation, management, and engagement.
- Act as the first contact point for incoming leads.
- Actively support the Business Development team with scheduling, communication, documentation, interdepartmental engagement, and project kick-off.
- Stay up to date with existing sales tech, emerging tools and business trends.
- Provide support to and help execute marketing campaigns.
- Assist with coordinating and running events, conference and event attendance.
- Project specific research on an as-needed basis.
Help to craft BD strategy by:
- Providing data driven insights.
- Building and improving the sales process.
- Helping to guide marketing strategy based on trends and client feedback.
- Assessing market trends to identify future target markets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum three years’ experience in; sales operations, sales enablement, inside sales in a technical environment. Experience in a related industry (Marine Operations, Oil/Gas, Research, Military) is preferred.
- Strong proficiency with CRM and MS Office.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (skill and attitude always outweighs qualifications).
- Entrepreneurial in your personal and professional outlook.
- Possessing amazing communications skills.
- Creative with a passion for learning.
- Comfortable in ambiguity.
- Happy to ask for help.
- Excited to challenge the norms.
- Brimming with initiative and intuition
Hours of Operation:
To the public, we answer questions and attend meetings between 9am -5pm. Our corporate culture values work/life balance and are proud to offer staff the ability to alter their start and end times of their workday. We recognize that not all individuals work most productively during a 9am-5pm schedule, therefore, we are happy to accommodate to your most productive working hours. As long as you complete your 8 hours of work and attend scheduled meetings during core business hours – we support your altered workday. We also have several remote desk options within the Innovation Ecosystem (Dalhousie ideaHUB, C.O.V.E., ThePIER, Ignite Labs)
Our Company Values:
A collaborative, encouraging and unbelievably friendly corporate culture is the core of everything we do here. Since our inception, we have created and maintained a strong corporate culture that:
- Continues to build a positive “family-like” spirit.
- Leads with sensitive, thoughtful and inclusive language.
- Is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff to thrive in.
- Believes that every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to alternate perspectives of the world around us.
- Embraces and drives change.
- Encourages adventurous, creative and open-minded traits.
- Builds open and honest relationships with all levels of staff.
- Pursues growth and learning.
What’s In It for You?
- Co-Pay Benefits package, including extended health and dental, life insurance, Profit Sharing, and EFAP program.
- FREE lunch the last Friday of every month during which we celebrate birthdays and significant milestones.
- Open office layout that promotes collaboration, conversations and teamwork
- Ergonomic set ups for each workstation
- Flexible schedules to encourage a healthy work/life balance
- Quarterly company events (and a few smaller ones in between)
- Company supported personal and professional development activities
- Beer on tap in the break room (Fridays only, or upon notable successes)
To learn more about our services, click here.
What happens next?
After we receive your application, it will be reviewed by the HR Specialist and the Hiring Manager.
We will then invite successful candidates to a screening call with HR. This will be followed by a Final
Interview with members of our Leadership team.
Enginuity Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We will also look to provide reasonable accommodations as required for applicants to participate in the application and interview processes. Please let us know if you require any accommodation(s)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- sales operations, sales enablement, inside sales: 3 years (required)