Business Development Representative
- Remote Eastern/Atlantic Time Zones/Canada
- Full Time
We’re currently searching for an experienced and driven individual to join our team in the role of Business Development Representative. SDRs work either remotely in the Atlantic and East Coast time zones.
Our Sales and Marketing Teams focus on creating new opportunities in our sales pipeline. The successful SDR will contact prospects and manage the relevant CRM(s), act autonomously to organize 1-on-1 meetings with sales representatives, C-Level executives, coordinate Carbide (formerly Securicy’s) presence at relevant virtual conferences, and otherwise support the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success Teams. Armed with a deep understanding of our delivery model, you will be a key member of the team that focuses on driving revenue growth for the company.
Joining Carbide (formerly Securicy) means that you are walking into a company that values open and honest communication as well as fresh perspectives and different backgrounds. If you’re the type of person who has a desire to solve problems, share your ideas, and deliver results you will feel at home with Carbide (formerly Securicy).
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Becoming proficient with our sales process
- Outbound prospecting sales activities such as cold calling, lead follow-ups, and opportunity qualifications via video calls, telephone, and email
- Updating and maintaining Sales CRM systems and records
- Maintaining volume targets to hit quotas and create a pipeline for sales
- Carrying and delivering on monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Driving growth through key partner channels in key segments of the information security industry
- Identifying strategic partners and working to qualify, develop, and build alliances with these organizations
- Working to ensure partner organizations enhance the value of our combined solution
- Collaborating with sales, marketing, product development, and customer success to ensure that our customers and partners have the proper tools and support
Our work environment
At Carbide (formerly Securicy), you will find an open and supportive environment that values work/life balance and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
Our mission is to provide organizations with the technology, structure, and guidance to ingrain privacy and security by design. We enable organizations to be transparent and build trust from formation through all stages of growth.
Work Hours & Benefits
Carbide (formerly Securicy) is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who enjoys regular team collaboration while thriving on a primarily autonomous day-to-day work life. The successful candidate will enjoy learning and sharing their knowledge in a meaningful way.
Core skills and experience:
We’re looking for someone who is ready to work in a startup environment and make an immediate contribution as a member of our sales and marketing team. The role of an SDR requires strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing and positive personality as a significant contribution of the role is phoning and emailing people you’ve never spoken to before, and communicating the value of (Carbide (formerly Securicy).
A highly successful candidate will be given the opportunity to become granularly involved in growing an exciting young startup. The opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a modern technology-focused sales organization builds a foundation upon which a candidate can understand and manage cutting-edge sales and marketing tools and strategies.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Must be a continual self-motivated learner: Online courses, books, blogs, podcasts, conferences etc.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work on a variety of assignments as defined by current priorities.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the information security industry or SaaS businesses.
- Experience working in a startup culture.
- A location based in the Atlantic or East coast time zones.
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), Linkedin profile and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.