Business Development Representative
At Proposify, we value and celebrate the diversity of our team and welcome applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who will be responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Account Executive partners. By setting quality meetings with sales leaders across North America and Europe, you’ll play an integral role in building our sales pipeline and our business.
Join a team that is invested in your future! We provide training, coaching, and career path development. Your voice matters and we want to hear it; the Revenue team works together to test new ideas before we go all in. If you are driven, curious, and coachable, come make Proposify a place to learn, grow, and accelerate your career.
While Proposify is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia; this is a remote position and we are welcoming applications from across Canada.
What you’ll do and love doing:
- Learn to identify qualified leads, communicate Proposify’s value proposition, and book meetings for the Account Executives
- Leverage phone (80+ dials a day), chat, email, video, and LinkedIn to connect with prospects
- Rapidly respond to inquiries from inbound leads to minimize time between interactions
- Cold call contacts at good-fit accounts
- Nurture prospects by offering resources (ebooks, blogs, webinars) and understanding where they are in the buying process
- Track your progress by exceeding monthly targets for your Account Executive partners
- Document your success in Salesforce CRM and share wins with your team
What we’ll love about you:
- Recent and new graduate welcome!
- An interest in building or accelerating your sales career
- Proven initiative and a competitive drive
- A knack for learning fast and solving problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilience, perseverance, and an ability to overcome objections
- Some experience in a competitive, fast-paced (preferably customer-facing) sales role will be considered an asset.
What you’ll love about us:
While Proposify world headquarters is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, we are a 100% remote company with employees working from all over the world. We’ve invested in all of the systems and tools that make remote work enjoyable, productive, and connected.
People feel empowered to do their best work and test out ideas. They don’t just ask ‘Why?’ but try ‘Why not?’ We are a team that embraces the new, the maybe, the unknown because we know that’s where growth lies; just beyond our comfort zone, just beyond what the experts say, and way beyond the way- we’ve-always-done-things.
Everyone is a leader in their role and has the autonomy and responsibility to contribute, to change, and to challenge. We don’t care how many hours people work, we care about the quality and impact of their work.
We get shit done. We get shit done fast. We are not a static company; we are moving forward and continually evolving to make things better for our business and the businesses of our customers.
We have flex hours so employees can design their day to work when they’re most productive, and allow for time each day to spend with family and friends, take advantage of nice weather, focus on wellness, and pursue their hobbies and passions.
Some of our benefits include:
- Company provided and paid health benefits from the day you start.
- RRSP matching program from the day you start with no resting period.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start; paid sick leave; personal days; company-wide end-of-year holiday break.
- Brightpass (free online fitness and wellness courses).