Business Analyst / Product Owner
At CGI we offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
The Business Analyst/Product Owner participates in all phases of the development life cycle in support of the development team. The analyst needs to have a strong understanding of the Software Development within an Agile environment and is engaged in planning, defining, documenting and implementing the proposed system changes and enhancements. Analysts are responsible for gathering and documenting detailed system requirements in the form of User Stories with the collaboration with the business. This involves mapping changes to the database, participating in design discussions with the Solution Architects and supporting Quality Assurance analysts during the testing phase. Strong communication skills enable the analysts to work across all layers of the organization including Architects, Developers, QA Testers, Project Management and the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in a collaborative manner with various Business Partners and act as Proxy Product Owner
- Develops and documents user stories, epics, story maps and other documentation
- Participate in all agile ceremonies and carry the full duties of a Product Owner
- Defines and documents interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
- Create and/or document applicable business data profiles.
- Possesses SQL and PL/SQL skills with an excellent understanding of an Oracle database environment and data modeling concepts.
- Has knowledge of database relationships and table design to support modeling approach and standards compliance.
- Works with developers and quality assurance testers to ensure that there is a complete understanding of the Technical Requirements.
- Supports Defect Management process, using a defect triage approach, for both integration and UAT;
- Provides regular project status updates.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and works well in team environment.
- Required Level of Education:
Technical Diploma in IT with Equivalent Experience
o 5+ years of IT experience as a minimum
- Business Analysis
- Product Owner
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.