At Saint Mary’s University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University’s success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Business Analyst I to join our Enterprise Information Technology team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary’s, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Personal days
- Flexible Workplace
- Professional development
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Business Analyst Lead, Project Management Office, the Business Analyst I will:
- Contribute to the methodology, best practices, tools, and templates used to manage business analysis for business process improvement and technology related initiatives.
- Document the business visions at the project level captured through interviews, surveys, market scans and research, as justification for the financial investment of proposed improvement activities and to identify potential savings to the department and/or University.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of new or modified business process, delivering a leaner and more efficient business workflow to enhance overall customer service delivery.
- Assist project managers and/or change managers in the planning and execution of internal and external communication in support of enterprise business process improvement and technology projects.
- Enhance the communication exchange between the business and the technical team in the support of project delivery and improving business operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Apply the Business Analysis Framework, consisting of assets and templates to educate and train project stakeholders, in relation to the institutions process re-engineering methodology, and tools used to develop current and future state processes.
- Analyze processes, requirements, test results, and business situations to recommend high-value changes and/or best course of action to project sponsors, stakeholders, and project delivery teams.
- Provide business analysis coaching to project level staff enhancing their ability to capture project benefits, determine the likelihood for successful delivery, maintenance and support of operational activities following implementation.
- Establish strong relationships with project level staff enabling effective coaching, to increase the opportunity for successful and sustainable change.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Business Analyst I you will have:
- Completion of an IT or Business college program or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an IT environment.
- Entry Certificate in Business Analyst (ECBA) or equivalent.
- Experiences in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online project management tools.
- Ability to keep abreast on trends and changes and learn new technology as required.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Requires attention to detail and accuracy in developing projects.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively withing a virtual environment.
- Customer relationship management and customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on “Apply Now” and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Please note that position will remain open for a minimum of ten (10) business days and posting will remain open until position has been filled. Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary’s University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].