Business Analyst / Associate – Regulatory Services
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job Title: Business Analyst / Associate – Regulatory Services
What is the opportunity?
You role will primarily be responsible for day-to-day operational execution to broader planning within this area of expertise. Functions within the team can include remediating issues identified; control and risk management and reporting process improvement; providing support for regulatory change initiatives; and researching and responding to regulatory inquiries and exams.
Additionally, you will utilize subject matter expertise while representing the department or function at a broader level. Additional responsibilities may include performing user testing for new or existing process enhancements, documenting new procedures related to new reports on-boarded while acting as a go-to-person/escalation point for questions from junior analysts and other areas.
This role may focus on multiple forms of regulatory reporting, such as Electronic Blue Sheets, OATS, LOPR, Short Interest, TRACE, MSRB, CAT and more. The role works closely with several areas of the Firm to support the above functions, including various business groups within the Firm, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and Technology.
What will you do?
- Review and analyze new business, rule changes or system changes that impact reporting processes and perform associated testing / checkouts
- Coordinate the remediation of reporting anomalies (raise JIRAs, document requirements, and perform checkout etc.)
- Support UAT strategy, document test cases and execute testing of applicable regulatory, business or control changes
- Maintain a strong focus on streamlining processes by identifying and implementing automation processes
- Lead the development and implementation of controls to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of reporting
- Establish new procedures as required; work with Production line team to update procedures documents
- Produce presentations for a range of stakeholders highlighting achievements, regulatory reporting metrics, regulatory risks and change management initiatives
- Serve as a liaison for Regulatory Services on assigned projects; ensure Regulatory Services is informed of program developments and potential impacts to existing processes and reporting logic
- Identify and develop performance management metrics for the group across accuracy daily, weekly, or monthly regulatory reports including: Electronic Blue Sheets, Qualified Financial Contracts
- (QFC), Listed and OTC Large Option Position Reporting (LOPR), Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT), TRACE, MSRB and others as assigned
- Coordinate and assess headcount requirements and delivery timelines for new regulatory initiatives and changes undertaken by the Firm may be assigned to work on projects outside of responsibilities listed above
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Required, preferably in Engineering or Business or a related subject
- Big 4 Consulting / Advisory experience (3+ years preferred)
- Understanding of financial products (Equities, Listed Derivatives, Fixed Income, and/or OTC Derivatives) and US regulatory reporting requirements
- Understanding of the trade life cycle (Orders, Executions, Allocations) required
- Understanding of Middle Office Trade Processing
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Proficiency with Broadridge and Fidessa is preferred
- Understanding of project SDLC
- Familiar with trade/transaction data warehousing and reference data sourcing
- Technical mindset with basic understanding of SQL and VBA a plus
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Address: HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
- City: CAN-NS-BEDFORD
- Country: Canada
- Work hours/week: 37.5
- Employment Type: Full time
- Platform: Capital Markets
- Job Type: Regular
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Posted Date: 2022-05-31-07:00
- Application Deadline: 2022-06-14-07:00
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.