Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) is looking for a proactive and professional individual to serve as a Web-App Programmer. Under the authority of the Director of Products & Development, this individual will work with our development team to develop and maintain our suite of eLearning products.
- Work with our core development team to plan, design, code, test, and deliver our web-based eLearning products.
- Build sophisticated, highly interactive, API driven web applications for desktop and mobile.
- Write clear, concise, well tested code and deploy it rapidly and iteratively.
- Connect with various applications and data sources to integrate data and functionality.
- Provide design and documentation at an application or function capability level.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining application standards and processes.
- Debug and resolve software problems.
- Provide status/progress reports.
- A University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a combination of education and previous experience would be considered.
- Strong knowledge of a common server-side framework like PHP, Coldfusion, or ASP.NET.
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving.
- HTML & HTML5
- Relational Databases
- Strong understanding of standards required to support multiple web browsers/versions and best practices required to get consistent results in both behaviour and layout.
- Self-motivated and strong desire to be part of a team.
- Strong commitment to quality.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.