Bids & Proposals Writer / Coordinator
BDO Canada is looking for a Bids & Proposals Writer / Coordinator to join the Consulting team on either a full-time permanent or contract basis, depending on the successful candidate’s preference. The individual will have the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada and will own the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating proposal production while working collaboratively with other team members located in Ottawa and across the country
- Creating proposal response templates, formatting proposal responses using proposal automation software (and Word) in accordance with established style and content requirements
- Assisting with strategic operational activities; e.g., participating in Go/No-Go discussions to determine if an opportunity warrants pursuit, and pro-actively integrating strategic objectives into your work
- Coordinating and producing proposal responses to RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFT etc.) opportunities – this includes facilitating proposal kick-off meetings, managing proposal deadlines, writing and coordinating content, complying with our quality management processes, and owning the final product
- Gathering proposal content by identifying sources of information
- Proposal printing, assembly, mailing/shipping
- Following a meticulous work plan to ensure timely delivery of proposals
- Following proposal writing standards and maintaining proposal support databases
- Obtaining approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers
- Preparing presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; printing
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, meetings, approvals, etc.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; the client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education?
- Previous experience in proposal writing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven and progressive experience or equivalent including strong knowledge of the RFP process
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, English, Arts, Communications or a related field or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – interacts successfully with all levels of staff – partners, managers, and clients with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Well-developed writing skills, particularly with drafting business proposals and marketing materials
- Bilingual (English & French) seen as an asset
- Graphic design skills and experience are seen as an asset
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and conditions while under tight timelines
- Self-starter that can work independently with minimal oversight along with a proactive service attitude and willingness to take a “hands-on and can do” approach
- Strong proficiency with common productivity software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word and other proposal based tools