BACKEND SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (PYTHON)
As a Backend Software Developer (Python), you will use your problem-solving skills to write well designed, testable, and efficient code. We design, develop and manage a vast portfolio of high-traffic websites featuring up-to-the-second statistics, dynamic data and informative content. Together with your team, you will develop and maintain robust data-crunching back-end code and APIs.
You’re passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR ME?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Maintain high software development standards by following established good practices and habits;
- Participate in Sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- On a regular basis, communicate the progress of assigned work completion;
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code;
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Experience developing REST APIs in Django and/or Flask;
- Experience ingesting data from JSON and XML feeds;
- Experience following Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban);
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Experience with relational database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience building GraphQL APIs (Graphene);
- Experience with Machine Learning (Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn, etc.);
- Experience developing ETL processes with Apache Airflow;
- Experience with containerization, i.e. Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB).
THE RESULTA CULTURE
At resulta you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Resulta offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.