Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer – Networking
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our technology team, BDO Lixar, brings 20+ years of experience providing end-to-end technology and modern workplace solutions in data & AI, cloud & cyber, and business & customer-facing applications. Our team of 500 technology professionals is expanding our data-driven services from coast-to-coast and beyond, to help our clients adapt, adopt, and grow.
BDO Lixar is looking for an Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer – Networking to join our growing team and, with the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada, own the following responsibilities:
- Develop cloud native solutions for a cutting-edge CI/CD ecosystem
- Learn from a great team of fellow engineers in building real-world cloud scale solutions across public and private clouds
- Contribute to a team of like-minded platform engineers building platforms in Azure, AWS and GCP public clouds
- Promote automation and infrastructure best practices
- Fearlessly face challenging technical problems, use your superpowers to solve them, and help your peers by sharing your unique solutions
- Create awesome educational material for fellow engineers, like sample cloud native apps and starter code
- Continuously learn new technical skills and practice by applying them in your day-to-day work
- Provide mentorship to peers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as technical, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Lead the installation, upgrades and integration of the current and future Kubernetes platform(s), technologies and tools.
- Develop criteria for and participates in the evaluation of third party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises.
- Design and implementation of highly available, scalable and resilient applications both for cloud native and non-cloud technologies stack
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for the design, build, and implementation and stabilization phases of the project.
- Manage all aspects of testing and verification ensuring all tasks are performed for all interfaces.
- Responsible for defining, planning and executing high level team activities, such as recommendations for architecture and process improvements
- Recommend strategies to drive down cost and improve efficiencies with supported vendor software and written code to ensure optimal use of available resources.
- Provide direction to support staff in conducting performance tuning and capacity planning activities within the Cloud Infrastructure platform.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- Must have:
- A passion for making developers more efficient through DevOps, CI/CD, and Infrastructure as Code
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure Automation and Infrastructure as Code (Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with building Azure network infrastructure (Express route, VPN, VNETs, subnets, NSGs, VNETs peering, hub-spoke, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory
- Experience with container platforms. Ideally Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Communication skills necessary to work on a geographically distributed team.
- Experience developing software
- Experience with Hybrid Services, ARC, Databases, OpenShift, Anthos, Azure/AWS, Kubernetes, Kubernetes (AKS), Streaming
- Experience working in a SAFe, Kanban, or Scrum development methodology
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success – We enable you to engage with the firm’s strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success – We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success – Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.