Azure Cloud Developer
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for Azure Cloud Engineers to join our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will use your leadership skills and knowledge of cloud computing to design solutions for a variety of customers.
• Work with team members to deliver products to market in an efficient manner.
• Thought leadership in public and private cloud architecture and how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise.
• Assist to develop the Enterprise Architecture for the Cloud program.
• Support development programs to build cloud native applications.
• Be able to mentor and coach others in cloud and cloud native space.
• Help to build cloud strategies and target reference architectures.
• Assist in the delivery of cloud applications with a focus on cloud security.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and supporting cloud-based systems in the Microsoft Azure environment.
• Great at facilitating and influencing technical delivery teams on cloud, containerization and microservice best practices and onboard onto cloud pipelines.
• Strong in the domain of container ecosystems (Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift, Nomad, Docker, rkt, Swarm, etc.) and managed public cloud offerings of such systems.
• Ability to migrate applications to containers and cloud native platforms.
• Hands on experience with Bash, PowerShell, groovy, Python or other high-level scripting languages.
• Experience with ARM templating, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or other configuration management tools.
• Experience with modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc.
• Working experience with microservice architectures.
• Related experience with tools including Hive, Python, Spark, PySpark and Sqoop is an asset.
• Strong understanding of enterprise application development and delivery is an asset.
• Architecting cross-cloud SaaS, IaaS or PaaS environments is an asset.
• 3-5 year’s experience developing in a modern language such as Java, Scala, GoLang, Clojure, .Net is an asset.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Cloud Computing
- Azure API Management
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Hadoop Hive
- Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.