This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking and superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
To support our growth objectives at AXIS, we are investing significantly in our new Business & Technology Center in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As part of a global team, you will be working with highly experienced talent to maintain and enhance different components of our Customer Facing Digital Solutions.
- Participation in the maintenance and ongoing development of customer-facing applications and web services
- Ensuring integration between Axis Digital applications and in-house or vendor-supplied systems is seamless and well-performing
- Ensuring that the design and development of any changes adhere to Axis security requirements
- Unit testing
- Participation in system integration testing
- Supporting the production implementation
- Engaging in maintenance and support activities as needed
- Documentation of any changes
Required Skills and Qualifications
Our preferred candidate will have:
- 2 years of development experience working on full-stack applications in a development role.
- Demonstrated competence with JEE and/or Java 1.8
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Strong familiarity and some experience working with APIs, exposing/consuming via Microservices (Rest and SOAP)
- Experience with IDEA like Intellij or Eclipse
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies such as React, AngularJS or Angular Typescript.
- Experience with IIS and Tomcat or similar applications servers.
- Familiarity with build tools such as maven, ant, npm and grunt.
- Experience working with XML and XSLT
- Familiarity with integration with Azure Active Directory
- Exposure to secure development fundamentals such as Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
- Exposure to industry standards, best practices, and development methodologies
- Practical experience in branching, merging code, continuous testing and software delivery pipelines and containers using Visual Studio, Test Manager, Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps, Git, or other tools
- Real-life experience with Agile methodologies including SCRUM; experience working with Product Backlogs using Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
- Experience assisting the DevOps for automated build and automated deployment
- Understanding of RDBMS and Data Repositories (SQL Server, MySQL, Azure noSQL)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
- The ability to collaborate effectively and communicate transparently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies
Additional experience and qualifications that are desirable include:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Certificate from college plus appropriate industry experience
- Experience in P&C Insurance in a technology role preferred
- Experience with AgencyPort/C5 or integrating with Duck Creek or COTS Policy Administration solutions preferred
- ACORD knowledge preferred
- knowledge of implementing and managing monitoring and analysis tools (i.e. Dynatrace)