AWS Cloud Developer
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated Cloud Engineer with strong programming fundamentals, software design and practices to help build and manage our cloud platform. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to marry your full-stack software engineering skills with hands on cloud development.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• Passion for excellence, automation, innovation, and collaboration.
• Eager to learn new technologies, ways of working, and to adapt every day.
• Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, injecting new points of view to the team.
• Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure.
• Ability to creatively solve new, interesting problems in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships.
• Ability to act confidently and cautiously in break-the-glass production scenarios to resolve customer outages.
• Solid understanding/experience of networking, virtualization, storage, containers, serverless architecture/framework, cloud IAM controls and policies.
• Hands-on experience building and deploying applications using a variety of Amazon Web Services (primarily Cloud Formation, compute, EBS volumes and container).
• Experience working with database technologies (Oracle/PostgreSQL/SQL Server) and proven understanding of Database Administration/Dataguard/Backup/Recovery, Security, Audit and Governance.
• Experience working with database virtualization products like Delphix and database replication using Oracle Goldengate.
• Proficient in object-oriented Python and developing serverless functions with Boto.
• Full-stack development experience across distributed applications and services.
• Ability to apply design patterns and object-orientation to solutions.
• Hands-on experience with containers and container orchestration preferred.
• Experience managing systems using infrastructure as code tools (CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform, ARM, …).
• Strong understanding of Kubernetes concepts/ecosystem and deploying applications into EKS.
• Understanding of versioning and release practices (SCM), code collaboration practices (Git)
• Proficiency with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins.
• Experience executing the Software Development Lifecycle in an agile environment.
• Experience in defining and implementing a comprehensive cloud reliability and observability strategy, ensuring that Fidelity’s cloud systems are always available when our customers need them.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Full Stack Development
- Cloud Computing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.