We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Associate Producer / Scrum Master
Hutch is looking for an Associate Producer / Scrum Master to join the team in Nova Scotia, working with the Tools & Technology team. You will be responsible for supporting the scrum ceremonies, removing impediments from the team, and applying a continuous improvement mindset to enable the team to optimise the development process.
We believe in autonomous teams making their own decisions. You will help keep things on track and ensure that the team is effective and productive, but also that team members are happy and fulfilled in their work.
We follow agile principles, therefore someone with experience with Agile, project management techniques and experience working within a F2P games studio would be ideal.
In return, we offer a truly autonomous environment, a chance to be impactful and make your own decisions. We also believe in having a great work-life balance, with no crunch and a studio that looks after its employees.
- Own the agile process for the Tools & Technology team – running daily stand-ups, fortnightly sprints and planning sessions.
- Encourage the team to inspect and adapt by running regular retrospectives, iterating upon and enhancing the development process.
- Assist the Development Support Director with the coordination of releases, identifying tasks for delivery and communicating expected delivery dates.
- Facilitating the day-to-day work of the scrum team, daily stand-up, gathering requirements, assigning tasks, unblocking development, and ensuring the team remains as productive as possible.
- Empowering the scrum team, promoting self-organization and problem solving to deliver sprint objectives
- Administration of the JIRA instance for the TNT team – ensuring it is setup and managed in an optimal way
- Enhance and protect a positive team culture to ensure people are happy, healthy and harmonious.
- Identify and manage risks to keep development on course
- Applied knowledge of an Agile framework (Scrum, Kanban), and understanding of software development life cycles (SDLC)
- Experience with JIRA for task and bug tracking, running sprints and managing workflows
- An understanding and appreciation for lean development principles and how to implement them.
- Strong emotional intelligence and a genuine interest in caring about your team and ensuring that people come first over project goals.
- Great communication skills to communicate with the team and across the studio.
- An understanding of the mobile F2P business and mobile development
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We’re an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us – https://www.hutch.io/