AP Resolutions Officer
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
AP Resolutions Officer
What is the opportunity?
As an Accounts Payable Resolutions Officer, you will be responsible for accurate, timely and complete processing of accounts payable transactions. You will also be responsible to effectively analyze issues and provide resolution to escalated vendor and business partner inquiries, using expert knowledge of accounts payable processes. You will act as a subject matter expert for vendor and business partner care issues, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, developing action plans and solutions.
What will you do?
- Provides consistent and high quality service in processing of accounts payable transactions (Invoice preparation, payment receipt, journal entry processing) within established benchmarks contributing to achievement of service levels.
- Maintains generic mailbox to ensure inquiries are answered promptly, within Service Level Agreement.
- Ensures all documents/data are examined for completeness and accuracy, and takes appropriate steps to correct any errors or omissions
- Takes ownership and accountability for the resolution of issues and concerns at the first point of contact; demonstrating a long-term perspective in addressing vendor/business partner concerns
- Proactively identifies and recommends solutions to recurring errors and service gaps; acts as a referral point/Subject Matter Expert (SME) for RBC Business Partners
- Exercises due diligence in following operational risk policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Assist in reviews of transactions/reports/documents to ensure compliance/adherence with policies/procedures/guidelines (SOX, EUC, and Enterprise G/L Attestation policy)
- Reviewing and updating Procedure documents and Job Aids
What do you need to succeed?
- College Diploma or 2 years of relevant operations experience in a financial sector environment
- Knowledge in accounts payable
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and ability to prioritize activities to ensure timelines are met
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications, intermediate to advanced excel, and Accounting policy’s
- Background in accounting systems, such as PeopleSoft, SAP, or Great Plains.
- Some knowledge of all Regulatory and Compliance rules, Internal Audit reviews
- Knowledge of RBC UK Financial Systems
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma (LSS) or process improvement
- Understanding of SOX, Enterprise General Ledger
- University degree in accounting, finance, business preferred
Position Hours range between 6am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Address: HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
- City: CAN-NS-BEDFORD
- Work hours/week: 37.5
- Employment Type: Full time
- Platform: Technology and Operations
- Job Type: Regular
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Posted Date: 2022-07-29-07:00
- Application Deadline: 2022-08-10-07:00
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.